Do not make investment decisions based on this article – read the disclaimer before you proceed and leave the website if you disagree with it.
It is 23rd August 2017 today. This review takes into consideration investing in ANT at its current price at $2.50
Aragon – the decentralized self-governing government of the new century, a digital jurisdiction
I stumbled across Aragon while I was doing my research on district0x, and I was fascinated by it. I bought some Aragon today along with district0x. I think this is among the most useful projects out there, along with forementioned district0x and Bitquence.
This project utilizes the Ethereum network and smart contracts and allows you to create a virtual decentralized company (or DAO) with the most simple, intuitive interface, and in the most iron-clad way. Once your company is up in the blockchain, payments, invoices, members, contracts, employees, everything is managed and exists there forever, crystal clear and transparent. In order to grasp the its abilities, one must watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LszfQoXhK8U. And here is a Forbes article about it: https://www.forbes.com/sites/rogeraitken/2017/04/20/forbes-under-30-tech-prodigy-in-cryptosale-for-decentralized-jurisdiction-platform/#737c46be6a12 Aragon aims to wipe out the unbearable burden of bureaucracy and make managing a company/project breezy and seamless. I am considering using Aragon to manage CryptoHydra’s operations and my business partner’s share in it.
The product is not geeky at all, the UI is impressively simple. The price still hasn’t surged and it hasn’t been the subject of mass euphoria, and I think at some point this project is poised to become one. And then the multiplication of investments made in it, will occur, fingers crossed.
One of my rules is to try to avoid investing in cryptocurrencies with a max supply of several billions (looking at you, IOTA). I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the max supply of Aragon is 30-something million tokens. Among the coins with the lower max supplies.
However, the product is already here, the Forbes article and other publicity has passed, the good stuff about the founders (you can read all this on their website and in the roadmap) is already known, so all this stuff is priced in. So there is no reason to expect for the price to surge just now, but when the time comes and wide adoption starts happening, this will be a good enough a reason for a nice steep rise. Also, by the end of this year, the first official finished product release will become available on the Ethereum mainnet – this is an event to look out for. And lastly, whenever district0x explodes, it will bring awareness to Aragon.
I am prepared to hold Aragon for at least 4-8 months, although looking at the roadmap, possibly there are huge profits to be made mid-2018 and onward.
I believe that a huge part of the internet will run on Aragon (and district0x)
- Website: does it look good/presentable – is it totally basic, dull and minimalist. Not breathtaking by a long mile, but it is straight to the point and serves its purpose.
- Website: Does it have a roadmap for the cryptocurrency development – yes, https://github.com/aragon/docs/raw/master/Aragon-Development-Plan.pdf
- Website: Does it have a whitepaper – yes –https://github.com/aragon/whitepaper/raw/master/Aragon%20Whitepaper.pdf
- Website: Is the domain name and TLD good – .one – not very respectable.
- Website: Is it a quick wordpress template, a 2-hour html job or a custom design with lots of work, money and thought thrown at it – I am not very good at web platforms and web development, but I think this might be a wordpress website.
- What new does this cryptocurrency bring to the world, what problem does it solve, what does it stand for– it allows for the creation, maintenance, government of decentralized companies with a broad set of functionalities, on the Ethereum network, with a beautiful simple UI.
- How does the cryptocurrency name sound (does it sound legit and like a good brand name) – It is named after an area in Spain. I like it, because it is open and has many vowels. It does bear some resemblance to Aragorn, though, I don’t know what Aragorn is, but I am quite sure I’ve heard it somewhere.
- How does the logo look – the logo is awesome. It is a modernized version of the American Eagle – long-standing symbol conveying authority and credibility. It fits this project perfectly.
- Is it a PoW, PoS or PoW/PoS coin, what is the mining difficulty or APR, does it suffer from inflation – N/A. No inflation presently, but the founder has said that the token holders community is free to decide whether they want to mint more tokens in the future.
- Who is behind the cryptocurrency – are they shady figures, or have they placed their names and pictures on the website; what is their track record and reputation; do a quick google/github research on them – two very young Spanish guys, one of which has been awarded the top 30 under 30 reward, the other one has reached #2 at the iOS app store. They have 8k and 4k followers on Twitter and defo don’t look like crooks or scammers. Luis is 21 but already has 9 years experience as a software developer, and 5 years experience in blockchain technology. Here are their interviews, twitter profiles and github profiles: Luis: Interview licuende luisivan and Jorge Interview izqui9 izqui
- What is the limit on supply of coins in circulation – 39 million currently. Very good.
- Is there a link to the source code – https://github.com/aragon
- When was the last commit made, and how frequent are commit – several hours ago https://github.com/aragon/aragon-core/commits/master the wheels are in motion
- How many developers participate in the coding process – 4 members, 10 contributors. Not bad.
- What the project survival relies on – the existence of the Ethereum network, and to not be declared as illegal in some way.
Exchanges and trading
- Which exchanges (and how reputable they are) is the coin traded on, what is the daily trading volume and market cap Bittrex and Liqui – usually listing on Bittrex is an event that most cryptocurrencies hope for, and holders look up to as an event that will increase the price, so that train has left the station for us. Listing on any of the other big exchanges is very, very hard, but if it happens – moon :)The DTV is 68 bitcoin on Bittrex, not very impressive, and the market cap is $86 million
- Are there buy (support) or sell (resistance) walls – no buy or sell walls on bittrex
- How does the chart look – extremely stable channel hovering around 60k satoshi since listing.
- Does the chart contain patterns that look like pump and dump actions or trading by bots – no
- Has the coin spiked on one exchange after being added on another exchange – the ATH was 3 days after listing on Bittrex
- Is there a Bitcointalk forum Announcement thread – NO. There is this unofficial topic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1880338
- How many pages is it – only has 9 pages to it. One word: underestimated (meaning, IMO that price is below actual value atm – a good buying opportunity).
- History of the coin according to the forum and general public impression of the coin throughout – People are very excited about the project. It appears that Shapeshift and Iconomi are among the early investors. The ICO ended in 10 minutes and raised millions of dollars. Users are also trying to figure out why isn’t there an ANN thread, as this is standard for crypto and ICOs.
- Do they have a blog, anything interesting on it? – https://blog.aragon.one/ Dev updates, team member interviews and general articles about decentralization, jurisdiction and arbitration, references to district0x and 0x. They haven’t posted in 24 days?
- Is there a slack channel – https://slackin-aragon.herokuapp.com/
- How many members in the slack channel – 3500+
- What is the public sentiment in the slack channel – miscellaneous conversations. Aragon’s relations manager Tatu is proactively responding to people there on behalf of the team.
- Is there a Twitter profile for the cryptocurrency and does it post regular updates, how many followers https://twitter.com/AragonProject – 17k+ followers, tweets daily
- Is there a Facebook page for the cryptocurrency and does it post regular updates, how many likes – couldn’t find anything about the project on Facebook
- Are there any known problems with the source code, the wallet or something else regarding the coin (transactions, mining, efficiency) – N/A
- Is there an active development for fixes on the way – N/A
- Has the wallet been under maintenance for prolonged periods of time on some/all of the exchanges Is any government planning on banning the coin (or similar coins) or putting heavy restrictions towards its use – possibly problems with the legal status of ICO tokens in the USA, like all other ICO-based cryptocurrencies – this is unverified.
Popularity and perception
- What does a quick google search tell us about the coin – aside from the usual stuff, mostly good news about it.
- Are there youtube videos about the coin – team meetings are broadcasted publicly, how is this for transparency https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCODiU_-FWhr4SVOoBlm-qaQ Reviews by cryptocurrency traders, positive, they say its undervalued.
- What is the general sentiment in the comment section below the videos (constructive, fud/hype, calling out scam etc) – people asking questions about the business model around the project, and mostly being positive and saying this is a good investment
- Is the coin associated with illegal/criminal activity or the dark web – no
- Similar cryptocurrencies/projects – Related projects are 0x, district0x, decentraland, ethereum
Now, I am sure I’ve made some mistakes in this post or in my research. Please, forgive me, if I have, and contact me to tell me where I went wrong. It takes about 4-5 hours of my time to do a full research on a cryptocurrency, and I try to do at least 4 per week.
Subscribe to get immediate updates once a new report is available
Subscribe to the weekly newsletter: